Make the most of your time in Belfast with a comfortable private Game of Thrones® locations tour. Save hours of research time and benefit from the expert knowledge of our guide Adrian, aka ‘the Other Ser Davos’ because he worked a photo double for Ser Davos on several seasons of the show! Build your own itinerary with Adrian to see and do exactly what you want to see and do.
North of Belfast, you can travel up and the epic Glens of Antrim visiting locations along the way, up to the north coast to Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, the Giant’s Causeway, the location of the Iron Islands and the Dark Hedges. South of Belfast are the locations of House Stark – the original location of Winterfell, the ruined abbey where Robb Stark because King in the North and the forest where the Starks found the direwolf pups.
Adrian will bring metal swords, hand-painted banners and beautifully made Stark wool cloaks or Iron Islands leather costumes for photo ops when you are in the film locations of House Stark or House Greyjoy. This private tour really is a once in a lifetime experience!
07:45 Meet Adrian ‘The Other Ser Davos’ at your hotel
Your guide Adrian featured as a photo double for Ser Davos Seaworth! He will pick you up at your hotel, guesthouse or AirBnb, wherever you chose as the pickup point.
Depart Belfast taking the Causeway Coastal Route, passing Carrickfergus Castle and Magheramorne Quarry, location of Castle Black and the Wall.
Photo stop at Ballygally Castle
See the beautiful carved door commemorating season 6 episode 9, the famous ‘Battle of the Bastards’.
Comfort stop at Carnlough
Morning comfort stop for coffee and restrooms.
Photo stop at Cushendun Caves
Photo stop in the caves where Melisandre gave birth to a dark spirit.
Lunch in the Fullerton Arms
A charming guesthouse, restaurant and pub in Ballintoy on the north coast, see fullerton-arms.com.
Visit the Iron Islands
Visit to Ballintoy Harbour, location where Theon came ashore on Pyke Island, where Theon later rededicated his faith to the ‘Drowned God’, where Ser Davos seeks the help of Salladhor Saan for the Battle of Blackwater Bay, and where Gendry escapes Dragonstone in a rowing boat.
Visit the Giant’s Causeway
Visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site, the geological marvel of 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, formed in the Paleogene Period, 50-60 million years ago.
Photo stop at the Dark Hedges
Photo stop at the haunting avenue of beech trees, through which Arya and Gendry escaped King’s Landing.
17:30 Drop-off at your chosen destination
Arrival back in Belfast and drop-off.
Map of the Route
- Please wear outdoor footwear and dress appropriately for the Northern Irish weather.
- Although this is a luxury car tour, please note the north tour may include modestly long walks, one in the morning at Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge (2kms), the other in the afternoon at the Giant’s Causeway (2kms). There is a shuttle bus to and from the Giant’s Causeway stones costing £1 each way. Please be advised that in high winds, the rope bridge closes but the spectacular cliff walk to and from the rope bridge remains open to the public.
- South of Belfast, similarly this private car tour may include long walks, one in the morning at Castle Ward Estate (2kms), the other in the afternoon at the Tollymore Forest Park (2kms). The walks are necessary to get to the most spectacular locations.
- Lunch is not included in the ticket price.
- Adrian’s private tour is a transport service. Entrance fees to certain locations are not included.
- Photo opportunities with wool cloaks and metal swords (House Stark or Iron Islands) are included at no extra cost.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if you cancel your booking within 24 hours of the departure time. Otherwise we offer a full refund for all cancellations.