This epic full day experience visits the Glens of Antrim and the dramatic north coast. We take you to the mysterious Dark Hedges, an avenue of serpentine beech trees through which Arya and Gendry escaped King’s Landing, the Iron Islands beach where Theon dedicated his faith to the Drowned God, the breathtaking Giant’s Causeway and the Stormlands cave where Melisandre gave birth to a dark spirit.
Our guides were all extras in Game of Thrones®.
We carry Iron Born costumes, metal props and Greyjoy banners in the trunk of the coach which we offer to customers at the location of Lordsport on Pyke island. What is dead may never die!
07:30 Meeting time
Departure from the front door of Leonardo Hotel (formerly Jurys Inn), Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT1 6DY.
The coach will arrive at 07:15. It will have ‘Eamonn Rooney’ written on the side.
Photo and comfort stop at Carnlough
Photo stop of a canal in Braavos where Arya escapes the Waif’s attack.
Photo stop at Cushendun Caves
Photo stop in the caves where Melisandre gives birth to a dark spirit.
Visit the Iron Islands & Dragonstone beach
Visit to Ballintoy Harbour, location where Theon comes ashore on Pyke Island, where Theon and Euron are both born again in the ‘Drowned God’. A nearby beach featured as Dragonstone where Ser Davos seeks the help of Salladhor Saan for the Battle of Blackwater Bay, where Gendry escapes Dragonstone in a rowing boat and other scenes.
Lunch in the Fullerton Arms
A charming guesthouse, restaurant and pub in Ballintoy on the north coast. You may bring a packed lunch if you prefer.
Visit the Giant’s Causeway
Visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site, the geological marvel of 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, formed in the Paleogene Period, 50-60 million years ago.
Photo and comfort stop at the Dark Hedges
Photo stop at the haunting avenue of beech trees, through which Arya and Gendry escape King’s Landing.
17:30 arrival at Leonardo Hotel
Drop-off of all customers at Leonardo Hotel coach bay.
Map of the route
- Please wear outdoor footwear and dress appropriately for the Northern Irish weather.
- This tour is not recommended for anyone with limited mobility. Although this is a coach tour, please note that this tour includes a 2 km walk in the afternoon to and from the stones at the Giant’s Causeway (2kms), although there is a shuttle bus costing £1 each way.
- NOTE: Lunch is not included in the ticket price. We pass around a menu to pre-order hot lunch in the Fullerton Arms pub. Alternatively if you wish you may bring a packed lunch.
- We will fully refund your payment card if you cancel up to 24 hours before your departure time. We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if you cancel your booking within 24 hours of the departure time.
Under 18 Policy
Please note that:
1. Game of Thrones® is full of adult content and is rated 18+ in the UK and Ireland
2. Our tours include walking treks, often over uneven surfaces, and
3. Our customers use metal props as part of the experience
Accordingly, we do not permit children under the age of 12 to do any of our coach tours. This is why there is no children’s ticket price. If you purchase a ticket for a young person between 12 and 18, we need a written waiver from a parent or guardian. Please email us at [email protected], stating the Booking ID and young person’s age.