This epic full day experience visits the Glens of Antrim and the dramatic north coast. We take you to the cave where Melisandre gives birth to a dark spirit, Renly’s Camp in the Stormlands, the Iron Islands beach where Theon dedicated his faith to the Drowned God, Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, the mysterious Dark Hedges and the breathtaking Giant’s Causeway.
We carry Iron Born costumes, metal swords, shields and banners in the trunk of the coach which we offer to customers when the tour arrives at the location of Lordsport on Pyke island. Our guides were all extras in Game of Thrones® – Starks, Wildlings and one Iron Born! What is dead may never die!
My husband and I are huge Game of Thrones fans and this experience was amazing. Brian, our tour guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and full of energy. I could not recommend this tour more!
07:30 Meet the guide in front of Jurys Inn hotel, Great Victoria Street, Belfast
The coach will arrive around 07:30. It will have ‘Eamonn Rooney’ written on the side.
Depart from Jurys Inn taking the Causeway Coastal Route, passing Carrickfergus Castle and Magheramorne Quarry, location of Castle Black and the Wall.
Comfort stop at Carnlough
Morning comfort stop for coffee and restrooms.
Photo stop at Cushendun Caves
Photo stop in the caves where Melisandre gives birth to a dark spirit.
Cross Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge
Cross Carrick-a-rede rope bridge, but don’t look down, it’s 30m (98 ft) to the rocks below!
Visit Renly’s Camp and Iron Islands Kingsmoot
Larrybane Chalk Quarry is where Brienne bests Ser Loras Tyrell and Catelyn brings news of Robb’s rebellion to Renly and Margaery. Also the location of the Iron Islands Kingsmoot in season 6.
Lunch in the Fullerton Arms
A charming guesthouse, restaurant and pub in Ballintoy on the north coast. See www.fullerton-arms.com.
Visit the Iron Islands
Visit to Ballintoy Harbour, location where Theon comes ashore on Pyke Island, where Theon dedicates his faith to the ‘Drowned God’, where Ser Davos seeks the help of Salladhor Saan for the Battle of Blackwater Bay and where Gendry escapes Dragonstone in a rowing boat.
Visit the Giant’s Causeway
Visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site, the geological marvel of 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, formed in the Paleogene Period, 50-60 million years ago.
Photo stop at the Dark Hedges
Photo stop at the haunting avenue of beech trees, through which Arya and Gendry escape King’s Landing.
17:30 arrival at Jurys Inn
Arrival and drop-off of all customers at Jurys Inn coach bay.
- Please wear outdoor footwear and dress appropriately for the Northern Irish weather.
- This tour is not recommended for anyone with limited mobility. Although this is a coach tour, please note that this coach tour also includes two long walks, one in the morning at Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge (2kms), the other in the afternoon at the Giant’s Causeway (2kms) although there is a shuttle bus to and from the stones costing £1 each way.
- This tour includes entrance fees to both the Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre and the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge. Please be advised that in high winds, the rope bridge closes but the spectacular cliff walk to and from the rope bridge remains open to the public.
- NOTE: Lunch is not included in the ticket price. We pass around a menu and order sheet to pre-order hot lunch in the Fullerton Arms pub. Alternatively if you wish you may bring a packed lunch.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if you cancel your booking within 24 hours of the departure time.
Under 18s Policy
Please note that:
1. Game of Thrones® is full of adult content and is rated 18+ in the UK and Ireland
2. Our tours include walking treks, often over uneven surfaces, and
3. We have swords and other props on the coach
Accordingly, we do not permit children under the age of 12 to do any of our coach tours. This is why there is no children’s ticket price. If you purchase a ticket for a young person between 12 and 18, we need a written waiver from a parent or guardian. Please email us at [email protected], stating the Booking ID and young person’s age.